Friday, June 20, 2014

Google AdWords

OK, I am a little disappointed. As you may know, I moved my server to new hardware and I have been very pleased so far in terms of the performance. But, in watching one of Eli The Computer Guy's videos, I was inspired to take a look at the advertising on my site. I have traditionally used Google AdWords, but he was discussing several different monetization approaches and I kind of latched on the an affiliate program he mentioned. Got that up and working and it looks great. But, then I noticed that my Google AdWords were not working. "What did I do to break that?" After a few hours of putzing, I finally found the problem. Google AdWords does not support AdWords on sites that use an IP address or that use ports, both of which I do since I am on a dynamic IP address and Charter blocks port 80. So, now it looks like I need to start looking for a new domain name and dynamic dns service.

No comments:

Post a Comment